Induction Hardened Fasteners
Industrial Steel Treating is the world's largest heat treat processor of induction hardened fasteners. Twelve induction systems with a 900,000,000 piece annual capacity service the North American market with part handling capability ranging from M4 x 10 to M14 x 300. IST services Automotive, heavy truck, off-road, appliance, construction and military fastener suppliers throughout North America.
Fasteners are first hardened and tempered to grade in belt or batch furnace systems. The induction process hardens all lead threads and 1 - 3 full threads to specified hardness at depth. The resultant product is a neutral hardened fastener with self tapping or drilling threads, capable of cost effective, reliable and rapid assembly into various hardness, unthreaded components, (HSLA, aluminum or carbon steel).
IST's customers expect rapid product turnaround, less than 24 hour rush capability, lot integrity and consistent quality results. As the industry leader in induction hardening fasteners, IST's customers' depend on our experience, industry contacts and problem solving knowledge to quickly manage issues and provide assistance as needed.
Induction Hardened Fasteners Capabilities
- Fastener Sizes
- #8 - M14
- Double End Studs
- 900,000,000 pieces/year
- Twelve (12) hardening and integral temper systems
- Customer Process Specifications
- Chrysler MS8253
- 1 - 7 days
Rush orders accommodated
- Associated REMINC Trademarks
- CORFLEX® -'I' processing
TAPTITE 2000® fasteners
TAPTITE II® fasteners
- Trained/Competent Workforce
- To attain operational excellence, IST fosters employee development by diversifying employee's capabilities, enhancing skill sets and creating a climate for action. Cross-trained employees understand all aspects of the heat treat process, and our customer's needs. Certified employees are capable of receiving, heat treating, inspecting and shipping.
- Technology and Knowledge Management
- To best manage our customer's needs, IST continually refines the knowledge management process and improves information technology resources. We utilize best practices to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to all levels of the organization; employees understand our customer's requirements and act in their best interests.